Development Information

Community-Based Development Block Grant Program
This federal program that is administered through the Kansas Department of Commerce provides Grant funding for community projects that benefit low and moderate income individuals, removes slum or blight conditions, or eliminates an ugent need created by a disaster.  Grants can help communities with water and sewer projects, community facilities, housing rehabilitation, streets, fire and ambulance facilities, community improvement projects as well as gap financing for private businesses that create or retain jobs.  Linette Miller, Director at Edwards County Economic Develpment Corporation is Certified to Administer CDBG Grant Projects.  Contact her for additional information at 1-877-464-3929 or 620-659-2711.

United States Department of Agriculture Rural Development Division
This department has numerous programs to help rural communities.  Programs exist to help low income individuals obtain guarantees for home loans, assist communities with the development of affordable housing, bring communities together to plan for the future, build community facilities, assit businesses with energy efficiency upgrades and much more.  Contact Linette Miller at Edwards County Economic Development and she will refer you to the closest regional USDA representative.

Edwards County Zoning and Easements
For Zoning and Easement information for locations that are not within any City limits of Edwards County contact the County Highway Department at 620-659-2188.

City Zoning
For Zoning in Kinsley contact Jay Dill at City Hall at 620-659-3611.
For Zoning in Lewis call 620-324-5590
For Zoning in Offerle call 620-659-2840
No Zoning Ordinances exist in the City of Belpre.