Edwards County E-Community Restart Kansas Loan Fund
The Restart Kansas County Loan Fund is to assist businesses seeking emergency loans in response to a disaster.
Restart Kansas will provide loans for businesses seeking emergency assistance to maintain or restart their business due to a disaster. Businesses can request a loan up to $10,000 with a 2% interest rate for 48 months with payments deferred for 4 months.I. Eligibility
- The small business applying for funds is required to be an existing for-profit business
- The loan proceeds can be used for (but not limited to) repairs, equipment, building, infrastructure, lease abatement, mortgage assistance, inventory, or working capital.
- Te need for funds is in response to a disaster
- Note: A personal guaranty will be required by the business owner(s) to secure the loan
The following outlines business types, activities, uses of funds and business relationships that are ineligible. Please review the eligibility criteria to ensure the business applying is eligible for Restart KansasIneligible Uses of Funds:
Ineligible Business Entity Relationships:
- Refinancing existing debt
- Acquisition of or holding passive investments such as commercial real estate or purchasing securities
- Repayment of delinquent federal or state income taxes
- Repayment of taxes held in trust or escrow, e.g., payroll or sales taxes
- Businesses occupies and uses less than 50% of total rentable square footage
- Financing non-business purposes, and/or financing costs other than what is described in the application
- Funding charitable, religious, or other non-profit or eleemosynary institutions, government-owned corporations, consumer and marketing cooperatives, and churches and organizations promoting religious objectives
- Owner is an executive officer, director, or principal shareholder of any financial institution involved inf funding the project
- Owner a member of the immediate family of an executive officer, director, or principal shareholder of any financial institution involved in funding the project.
- Owner has related interest of any executive officer, director, principal shareholder or member of the immediate family of financial institution involved in funding the project.