Business Incentives

Edwards County Revolving MicroLoan Program
Edwards County maintains a MicroLoan program for small business start-ups or expansions.  You must be a resident of the county or starting a business within the county, you may not owe any back taxes, and you or your employees will need to meet certain income-level criteria.  Maximum loan amount is 25,000 dollars.  This loan program has helped a number of businesses get started in Edwards County.  For additional information write or call Linette Miller at Edwards County Economic Development Corporation, 721 Marsh Ave., Kinsley, 620-659-2711 or toll free at 1-877-464-3929.

Edwards County E-Community Loan Program
Qualifying entrepreneurial projects may include startup businesses, as well as existing business purchases and/or expansions. The minimum loan request is $2,500 with a $45,000 maximum amount available per applicant business.  The E-Community can provide 60% of the gap in financing (up to $45,000). The other 40% must be provided by a financial institution and/or a local/regional funding source.

Great Plains Development
Professionals here can assist with finding financing for business projects.

Neighborhood Revitalization - A Tax Rebate Incentive Program
If you are planning to build, remodel or rehabilitate a home or business and plan to invest 5,000 dollars or more in the project then you may be eligible for the Neighborhood Revitalization Program.  It is a program that provides tax rebates for new construction and rehabilitation of existing structures.  The program refunds the property taxes that would be due resulting from an increased value based on the qualified improvement.  Qualified improvements include new construction, rehabilitation and remodel.  As a general rule, repairs do not qualify unless several major repairs are done at the same time.  For more information contact Cindy Craft at 620-659-3001. Click here for the application.

City of Kinsley Building Incentive
New construction in the City of Kinsley that has water and sewer hookups to City Utilities are eligible for an incentive to defray the cost of Utilities hookups.  Construction must be completed within 18 months of Application Date in compliance wtih the most recent Uniform Building Codes and National Electric Codes.  Some exclusions apply.  For more information contact Jay Dill, City of Kinsley, 721 Marsh Ave., Kinsley, 620-659-3611.

Department of Commerce
The Kansas Department of Commerce has a number of tax incentive tools for a variety of businesses in Kansas.  Edwards County has been designated as a Nonmetropolitan Business Region under the Kansas Enterprise Zone Act which makes many of these incentives available here.  There are programs that provide employee training for certain types of businesses and tax rebates and tax credits for investments in businesses that meet certain criteria.  If you are thinking or starting, relocating or expanding a business in Edwards County contact:The Office of Economic Development at 620-659-2711 or 1-877-464-3929.